A payroll is a set of employees whose pay you process with a single frequency, for
example, weekly or monthly. You can define as many payrolls as you require to meet
the pay policies of your enterprise. You put an employee on a payroll by making an
assignment to the payroll. IQ Stream Technologies is an online training institute providing expert-led Oracle payroll cloud training with advanced training materials and practical bootcamp sessions.
1.How to run Pay Advice Alignment Report in Oracle HRMS?
To run the Pay Advice Alignment report:
- In the Name field, select the report name.
- Choose the Submit button
2. How to run Payments Summary Report?
To run the Payments Summary Report:
- In the Name field, select the report name. Then enter the Parameters field to open
the Parameters window.
- Select the payroll and payroll period for which you want to see the information.
- If you want to restrict the information by consolidation set, select the name of the
- Choose the Submit button.
3. Is Oracle Payroll flexible enough to calculate different legislative taxes?
Yes. Oracle Payroll supports many country specific models of taxation, including the
local, federal and state tax requirements of organizations operating in the US.
4. Is the entry of tax details flexible enough to meet my organizational needs?
Yes. You can calculate taxes for different types of employer to represent the diversity of
your organization. You can also make retrospective adjustments to allow for
over payments and underpayments.
5. Is Oracle Payroll capable of processing the latest taxation updates?
Yes. The details of taxation policy and social security entitlements are constantly
changing, but Oracle Payroll is always promptly updated so that your processing
includes the most recent updates.
6. Can Oracle Payroll transmit PAYE information electronically? (UK only)
Yes. EDI allows two-way electronic transmission of documents between the Inland
Revenue and employers. Oracle UK Payroll has developed a specified formatted file
that, if used in conjunction with third party software, can be transmitted electronically
to the Inland Revenue.
7. Can you record P11D details and submit an annual return? (UK Only)
You can use Oracle HR to update your records throughout the year to show all the
Class 1A National Insurance contributions for which your organization is liable. You
can make this information available to employees so that they can preview their NI
liabilities. You can then generate a report to view the final details and you can submit
the complete and validated records to the Inland Revenue to comply with all reporting
8. Does Oracle Payroll enable you to run part payrolls?
Yes, Oracle Payroll enables you to run part payrolls. This is useful in each of the
following circumstances where you do not want to process a payroll for the entire
9. Can you verify that a payroll run has completed successfully?
On completion of a payroll run you will need to verify that the run completed
successfully. You can display run messages and view latest balances and assignment
level results. You may also need to have relevant information grouped by topic in
report format so that you can review the outcome of processing. Payroll runs can be
monitored through the Payroll Progress Monitor, enabling you to view the name of the
run and the percentage/time of completion.
10. Can you make adjustments after a payroll run has completed?
Oracle Payroll enables you to make each of the following types of adjustment when a
payroll run has completed.
4-4 Oracle Human Resources Management Systems Payroll Processing Management Guide
• Addition of late entries that were not included in the initial run
• Corrections to details that were wrongly entered in the initial run
• Retrospective distribution of current payments to the period in which they were
11. Can you produce payment and costing information from a completed payroll run?
Oracle Payroll enables you to use the results of a payroll run to allocate payments to
your employees, and to provide costing information.
Ensuring that Employees are Paid by the Correct Payment Method
When a payroll run has completed you need to pay each employee according to the
payment methods that you have specified. You may also need to override the
predefined payment methods where employees are receiving special payments such as
bonuses, which may not be paid by the usual methods of payment. You also have the
ability to pay an employee, who has multiple assignments within your organization, a
regular single payment.
Ensuring that Costing Information Can be Provided
On completion of a payroll run you may need to distribute the associated costs across
particular cost centers. For information on this, see: Cost Analysis Overview, Oracle
HRMS Enterprise and Workforce Management Guide
12. Can Oracle Payroll run payroll processes throughout a payroll period?
Yes, the continuous calculation process enables you to process static employee data
throughout the payroll period, leaving you extra time for validation and correction at
the end of the payroll period.
13. What if you want to know how much gross pay is required to produce a given net
Where employers have agreed to pay tax on a known fixed net payment, Oracle Payroll
can calculate the gross amount that employees must receive in order to meet all
deductions and still receive the correct net amount. This is referred to as Net-to-Gross
processing, and the calculations that derive the correct gross amounts are referred to as
Grossups, provided that the feature is enabled in your country.
14. Can you process external and manual payments?
Yes, Oracle Payroll enables you to make external and manual payments.