Oracle ERP Cloud has big traction in the IT industry. Oracle ERP Cloud is also referred as Oracle SaaS along with Oracle Financials Cloud, Oracle SCM Cloud, Oracle HCM Cloud, Oracle EPM Cloud and Oracle CX Cloud. Oracle has the unique advantage owning these business applications and also the underlying Oracle cloud infrastructure. Oracle also provides various PaaS offering to enable the customers in extensions to Oracle SaaS. All these unique capabilities of Oracle SaaS has helped in capturing the ERP/business applications space by Oracle SaaS. That has led to numerous career opportunities for job seekers in this space.
What does Oracle do for job seekers?
Knowledge and experience of Oracle Financials Cloud and also the relevant Oracle certifications will help in your career growth and some of the benefits are:
• An increase in pay or earnings
• Increased credibility
• More opportunities for advancement
• Increased employability
• Enhancement of skills and expertise
• A more comprehensive awareness of the technological stack
Oracle certifications related Oracle Financials Cloud (General Ledger, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables) are highly credible and reliable and serve as proof of authenticity. IQ Stream Bangalore is one of the top quality Oracle Financials Cloud online training institute with industry experts leading classes.
What does Oracle do for Employers?
Employers greatly benefit from choosing an employee with trained in Oracle Financials Cloud and/or Oracle certified. Some examples are:
• Higher retention rate
• Improved job performance
• Increased job satisfaction
• Increased and qualitatively enhanced productivity
• Improved credibility with firm clients and increased market worth
Work Opportunities for people trained in Oracle Financials Cloud:
The Oracle Fusion Financials can give you a lot of job opportunities which are the backbone of a lot of organizations:
- Oracle Financials Cloud Functional Consultant
A functional consultant for Oracle Financials Cloud collects and analyzes business needs for Oracle financial initiatives. This consultant must be specialized in financials and also experience with Oracle Financials Cloud product. Should be able to handle various modules of Oracle financials cloud like General Ledger, AR, AP, Cash Management, Assets, Expenses, P2P, O2C etc. Below are some of the responsibilities:
- Create business requirements documents, as well as other functional and technical documentation.
- Assist with Oracle financials project design, development, testing, and implementation. Make recommendations for optimizing Oracle applications’ performance.
- Resolve operational issues as soon as possible and help technical team in understanding functional aspects.
- Respond to consumer inquiries and issues as soon as possible.
- Determine functional gaps and implement corrective actions.
- Ensure that project deliverables fulfil the needs of the customer.
- Assist the project team with the creation of reports, tables, fields, data interfaces, and application extensions.
- Create testing scenarios and test scripts.
- Collaborate with the documentation team to create user guides and training materials.
- Oracle Financials Cloud Technical Consultant
An Oracle technical consultant customizes, modifies localizations, and extends Oracle Financials Cloud application. As a technical consultant, this person is responsible for monitoring and improving all Oracle-based software as well as troubleshooting all types of difficulties. In addition, the technical consultant collaborates with the research and development team to fine-tune all existing products and to brainstorm new items that the company may make and sell. This consultant should have skills like BIP, OTBI, OIC, VBCS, PCS, ATP, Oracle Apex, Webservices and also fair understanding of Oracle Financials modules.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide emergency support to internal/external clients that require the ability to manage many jobs successfully and troubleshoot complex systems quickly.
- Create PL/SQL procedures to migrate data from legacy mainframe DB2/COBOL
systems and integrate other databases to create a publish-ready database.
- Work with File Based Data Import for importing the bulk data into Oracle ERP Cloud
- Build and support custom reports using BIP and OTBI
- Customizing the default OTBI reports
- Build any custom extensions using Oracle VBCS, Oracle Apex
- Build an custom workflows using Oracle PCS
- Build inbound and outbound integrations with 3rd party systems and Oracle Financials Cloud application
- Work with ESS for scheduling any processes
- Build additional extensions using OCI native features, if needed.
- Help the project by resolving Java and SQL production issues for any custom applications
- Work on a bespoke API to generate error and data files, as well as to import data from a legacy system into an ERP system.
- Create host programs for remote database access and file transfer to the supplier site database using UNIX shell scripting.
- Oracle Financials Cloud Solutions Architect
Oracle Financials Cloud Solutions Architect advises clients on a wide range of business process services that aid in the identification, assessment, management, and measurement of an organization’s capabilities. They also collaborate with client technology professionals and/or third-party strategic alliances to provide technological solution implementation.
Oracle Financials’ major goal is to execute solutions that make a difference by delivering quantifiable benefits to the client and giving advice and direction to the customers on process improvements and efficiencies that may be realized via the installation of Oracle SaaS. To do this, an architect must collaborate closely with the client’s senior stakeholders, process owners, and product owners to familiarize them with the Oracle Cloud SaaS capabilities and help them in their Oracle SaaS-enabled decisions, road map, and transformation journey. An architect is also responsible for a wide range of business development, sales, and implementation tasks such as proposition building, sales solutioning, SaaS architecture design and delivery, and providing direction and leadership across functional consulting streams.
The Financials Cloud Solution Architect should be usually comes with 13+ years of experience in the industry, having in-depth functional knowledge of financials, in-depth product knowledge of Oracle Financials Cloud.
Power the Finance Productivity using Oracle Fusion Cloud Financials
Understanding Oracle Financials Cloud: Advantages and Uses
Oracle Fusion Financials Interview Questions
- Oracle Fusion Cloud Project Manager
Oracle Project Management is a comprehensive, broad, and deep project planning, scheduling, finance, and contract management system that can be used across the company to optimize project operations and provide a single source of truth. It enables businesses to modernize and rationalize the project business through the use of a contemporary, unified enterprise business cloud solution that supports a wide range of project types in order to fulfil the diversified and evolving delivery needs of project-centric business operations. Oracle Project Management, which is designed to improve communications and collaboration across today’s project teams, reconfigures the way members work together and fosters wider adoption with novel, conversational AI interfaces. This is where the role of Project Manager comes into play.
A project manager’s primary responsibility is to lead, monitor, and maintain the progress of project plans to assure completion of key stages and goals within agreed-upon time, cost, and quality restrictions. Managing customer expectations and keeping an eye out for scope creep.
Oracle Fusion Cloud Project Manager should have good communication skills, ability to organize the tasks, execute them as planned, handling any unexpected situations, having good understanding of financials functional and Oracle SaaS technical. The Project Manager should be able to manage large teams where some of the team members could by senior to him/her.
- Oracle Financials Cloud Testing Engineer
Software test engineers are in charge of devising and implementing test methods to ensure that software applications function properly. They are typically recruited by software development firms to guarantee that products meet specifications before they are distributed to the public.
You will play a significant part in the development and advancement of standards and processes as a testing engineer. You will be in charge of defining and developing software for duties related to the creation, design, and testing of software products or operating systems. You are also in charge of creating, implementing, and maintaining quality standards for corporate goods that correspond to both internal and external standards. You will also be required to create and carry out software test strategies, as well as analyze and write test standards and processes. You will also be required to keep test results documentation.
Oracle Financials Cloud testing engineer should have in-depth financials functional knowledge in addition to other testing qualities mentioned above. The role of Oracle Financials Cloud testing engineer would be primarily required to verify during the implementation of the product and also during support for quarterly update of the product from Oracle. Fresh financials graduates also can get into this track easily by learning the testing related knowledge.
- Oracle Financials Cloud Business Analyst
Oracle Business Analysts are in charge of evaluating and interpreting data to assist businesses in making educated decisions. They frequently collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders, including CEOs, executives, engineers, and others, to gather data on current business operations and assess how they could be optimized or improved. Oracle Business Analysts often draw their conclusions using a combination of qualitative and quantitative analysis methodologies. This could entail things like conducting interviews, conducting market research, producing flowcharts and diagrams, and so on.
The responsibilities of an Analyst include :
- Providing management with analysis and reports on business performance metrics
- Identifying future market dynamics and proposing fresh services or products to create new business opportunities
- Creating innovative software apps for mobile devices and the internet
- Data analysis to discover business opportunities or dangers
- Developing computer hardware or software specifications based on business requirements
- Creating papers that describe the results of research projects or experiments
- Conducting conversations with employees or customers to learn about their requirements
- Recommending modifications to company procedures in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- assisting in the development of business plans by researching market circumstances and finding prospective growth prospects
Oracle Financials Business Analyst comes with strong financials background, ability to face the customers during implementation of the product, bridge the customer and implementation team.
- Oracle Financial Consultant
A consultant gathers and evaluates business needs for Oracle finance initiatives. Create business requirements papers, as well as other operational and technological documents. Help with Oracle financials design project, implementation, verification, and deployment. Make recommendations for optimizing Oracle applications’ performance. Address functional and technical issues as soon as possible.
Respond to consumer inquiries and issues as soon as possible. Determine functional gaps and implement remedial measures. Ensure those project deliverables fulfil the needs of the client. Assist the project team with creating reports, tables, fields, data gateways, and software enhancements. Create testing environments and testing requirements. Collaborate with the documentation team to make user manuals and training materials.
This is the critical role for successful implementation of Oracle Financials Cloud to any customer. The consultant should come with strong financials background, should know the in-depth knowledge of the product. However, he/she may not have technical experience like directly building the integrations and extensions.
This is the right career option for consultants with Oracle EBS/Apps financials background, Financials graduates. However, they should learn Oracle Financials Cloud before taking up this role.
Oracle opens your doors to a lot of career opportunities under Oracle Financials Cloud track. Check out the IQ Stream to learn more about Oracle and the courses required for its certification.